In this 2nd Grade lesson, we again learn how to receive the Sacrament of Confession.
All CatechismClass Lessons follow our time-tested 7 Step format: Introduction, Opening Prayers, Scripture and Commentary, Catechism Passages, Integration of the Lesson Topic, an activity, and a closing prayer. Quizzes end each of the lessons.Preview This Lesson
Buy 2nd Grade: Lesson 12: Sacraments: Confession Part IV: How to Go to Confession for only $1.99
PREPARING FOR CONFESSION
When you go to make your First Confession, you will enter the Church ready to behave appropriately and seriously because this is a very important Sacrament. When you enter the Church, you will bless yourself with holy water, and then genuflect and make the Sign of the Cross towards the Tabernacle.
You will kneel and spend some time thinking about all of the sins you have committed and do a good Examination of Conscience. Say a prayer and ask the Holy Spirit to help you to make a good Confession.
Now you are ready.
HOW TO GO TO CONFESSION
1. Go in to the Confessional. Kneel or sit, and make the Sign of the Cross.
2. Say, “Bless me Father for I have sinned. It has been _________ (how long?) since my last Confession.”
3. Tell the Priest your sins.
4. The Priest may talk to you about your sins. He may ask questions or give advice. Listen.
5. The Priest will give you a Penance. This may be to say certain prayers or perform an action.
6. The Priest will say: “God the Father of Mercies has sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins. May God grant you pardon and peace. I absolve you of your sins. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”
7. Your Confession is now over. The Priest will say “Go in peace.” You respond, “Thank you Father.”
8. After you leave, kneel and say the prayers for Penance right away.
ONCE WE GO TO CONFESSION ... AVOIDING SIN
It’s important to do whatever you can to stay away from things that lead you to sin. This might mean avoiding certain people, places, things, or activities. Here’s a story about that.
Frankie tends to get into big trouble when he plays with some of the bigger boys at school. They encourage him to do things that he knows God would not like. When he’s around them he sometimes steals candy from the grocery story. He’s often mean to his younger brother, uses bad language, and disobeys the curfew his parents have for him. By avoiding these bigger kids and playing with kids who respect God and others, Frankie can avoid sinning in some of these ways or with less frequency.
We all fight lifelong battles to avoid, defeat, and c... Please purchase this lesson to continue learning.
2nd Grade: Lesson 12: Sacraments: Confession Part IV: How to Go to Confession is part of the following course(s):
Other Courses similar to 2nd Grade: Lesson 12: Sacraments: Confession Part IV: How to Go to Confession: